Please Join Us For a Presentation
Dr. Constantine Lyketsos, MD
Director of The Johns Hopkins Memory and Alzheimer’s Treatment Center.
- Monday, October 27, 2014
- Williamsburg United Methodist Church
- 500 Jamestown Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23185
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm - Health Care Professionals
Certificates of Participation will be provided to health care professionals.
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm - Session for Families, Volunteers, Stephens Ministers and others with an interest in improving the lives of those with dementia. Reception to follow.
- Online registration available.
Peninsula Agency On Aging
We invite you to join us in celebration.
For more information please call us at 757-873-0541.
The Senior Services Coalition of Greater Williamsburg (SSC) is an organization of health care providers, government entities, academics, and community members working collaboratively to promote a healthier and more livable community for older adults in the Historic Triangle Area.
By 2030, one of every three Historic Triangle Area residents will be age 60 or over (US Census, 2005). In response to this startling fact, The Senior Services Coalition is facilitating the development of community indicators to assess how prepared the Greater Williamsburg area is to address the needs of our changing demographics. The Community Indicators developed will be easily remembered, useful for trend analysis, and inform community level decision making. Read about other activities in the 2013/2014 Report to the Community.
Contact us at 757-345-6277 or SSCinfo@paainc.org to learn how you can help make our community a more livable area for seniors.
Click on the Download button at right to open the 2013/14 Annual Report to the Community.
The Senior Services Coalition’s Keys to Healthy Aging program provides easy to read information about topics of interest to seniors, their caregivers, and adult children. The information is provided in brief, 2 page resource summaries that have been developed by SSC members who have expertise on the topics.
Each summary includes:
- Brief description of the topic
- List of community resources you can contact for more information
- List of SSC-approved speakers, who you can contact to present up-to-date, reliable information about the topic to your group.
Experienced Employees in Transition Job Club
When: 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month from 9:00 -10:30 am
A 45 and over Job Club. Join the Experienced Employees in Transition… for speakers, workshops, networking, emotional and resource support throughout your job search! For details click the "Learn More" button below.
For more information please contact us at SSCinfo@paainc.org.